المصرفية التجارية والاستثمارية
|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|FIN 645||Commercial and investment banking||3||None|
The course examines the key risks of financial institutions (market, credit, liquidity, pre-payment risks) and the importance of Asset-Liability management. Students will be exposed to key trends and changes that take place in the banking sector, the current problems confronting managers in banking, and become familiar with the various career opportunities in the industry. Playing special role of financial institutions in the market, and how it relates to the regulatory framework under which commercial and investment banks operate.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the basic problems of bank management.
- Explain the effects of the techniques and the functions of commercial Banks and thrift banking institutions.
- Explain the evolution of banking, the organizational structure of banks.
- Analyze bank regulations and policies
- Evaluate bank profitability and risk management..
- Recognize types of crimes, such as money laundering that can affect a financial institution.
- Examine the international bank environment, deposits, liquidity and capital
- Introduction to the commercial Banks
- structure of banking and the financial services industry.
- Establishing new banks, branches, ATMs, telephone services, and web sites.Time value of money.
- The financial statements of banks and their principal competitors.Risk analysis and measurement.
- Measuring and evaluating the performance of banks and their principal competitors.
- Risk management for changing interest rates: asset-liability management and duration techniques..
- The investment function in financial-services management.
- Managing non-deposit liabilities.
- Money Creation
- Investment banking, insurance, and other sources of fee income..
Bank Management & Financial Services,Peter S. Rose & Sylvia C. Hudgins ,McGraw Hill, 9th Edition, 2012