تقنية المعلومات في المنظمات
|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|MIS 611||Information Technology in Organizations||3||None|
This course introduces the strategic use and implications of information technology in the business environment. It focuses on how information systems affect and are affected by organizational goals and strategies. Thus, the course incorporates basic overviews of the components of an information system, such as hardware, software, data storage and retrieval, network communications, the information systems development process and systems development as planned organizational change.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the concepts of information systems (IS) in an organization.
- Describe how IS contribute to globalized business processes.
- Apply IS frameworks and techniques to improve organizational performance & strategies.
- Compare and contrast various analytical tools and technologies for business problems to make sound business decisions.
- Describe the key components of IS.
- Examine organizational change has an influence on IS.
- Access how to build and manage IS.
- Organizations, Management, and The Networked Enterprise
- Information Technology Infrastructure
- Key System Applications for the Digital Age
- Building and Managing Systems
Loudon, K. J. (2016). Management Information Systems: Managing the Digital Firms, 14th Edition. New York: Pearson Education Ltd.
• McLeod, R. and Schell,G.P. (2008). Management Information Systems, 10th Edition, Upper Saddle River New Jersey 07458: Pearson/Prentice Hall.
• McNurlin, Sprague & Bui. (2014). Information Systems Management: Pearson New International Edition. 8th Edition. Pearson.
• Chaffey & White. (2011). Business Information Management: Improving Performance Using Information Systems. 2nd Edition. FT Prentice Hall, Harlow.