إدارة العمليات وسلاسل الإمداد
|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|POM 612||Operations and Supply Chain Management||3||None|
The course introduces the student to the importance of operations management, operations performance, building operations strategies, types of process and service designs, capacity, inventory planning and quality control, supply chain design, planning and operation and how it can enhance the competitive component of the firm. Facilities, inventory, transportation, information, sourcing, and pricing as the key drivers of supply chain performance are identified. Varieties of cases are used to illustrate how a company uses various drivers to improve supply chain performance. For each driver of supply chain performance, our goal is to provide students with practical managerial levers and concepts that may be used to improve supply chain. Another goal is to present how to achieve significant increases in performance.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply key decisions in operations and supply chain management of products and services.
- Apply qualitative and quantitative tools to solve problems related to operations and supply chain management.
- Demonstrate ability to write effective reports on business process as well as oral and communication skills.
- Critically evaluate the problems of operations and supply chains and suggest long term solutions.
- Comprehend) how ethics and social responsibility is involved in operations and supply chain management.
- Comprehend) how to increase performance in operations and supply chain management.
- Introduction, why is Operations Management (OM) important?
- What are the performance objectives of OM?
- What are the different types of strategies of a firm?
- Introduction to the types of design and service processes using operations characteristics
- Capacity planning definition, the measures of capacity
- Inventory planning and control
- Quality control, total quality management
- Understanding the supply chain
- Supply chain performance
- Supply chain drivers and metrics
- Designing distribution networks and applications to online sales
- Network design in the supply chain
- Designing global supply chain networks
• Slack, N., Jones, A. and Johnston, R. (2016). Operations Management. 8th Edition. UK, Pearson.
• Chopra, S., Meindl, P., & Kalra, D. V. (2016). Supply chain management: strategy, planning, and operation (Vol. 232). Boston, MA: Pearson.