|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|HRM 626||Employment Relations||3||None|
This course explores the terrain of employee relations. It examines the nature of employee relations contexts within which organizations operate. The module also explores how to manage employment relations, and assesses whether management may actively deploy partnership approaches to secure collective employee voice without conflict.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe professional competence in the field of employee relations management.
- Define the relationship between management and employees collectively.
- Summarize the importance of the legal framework in managing employment relations.
- Define the importance of employee involvement in workplace decisions.
- Determine how pay and working time affect employment relations.
- Setup awareness of the effect of labor conflicts and how to avoid them.
- Arrangea full and effective role in this important corporate activity.
- The nature of employment relations
- Employment relations in the contemporary economy
- Social divisions and employment relations
- Managing employment relations
- Representation at work
- Pay determination and employment relations
- Working time and employment relations
- Labor conflicts and employment relations
- Resolving labor conflict
Williams, Steve. Introducing employment relations: a critical approach. Oxford Edition, 2014.
Bingham, Cecilie. Employment Relations Fairness and Trust in the Workplace. SAGE Publications Ltd, 2016.