|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|HRM 627||Talent Management||3||None|
This course provides practitioners with a comprehensive exploration of talent management practice. It addresses the challenges faced by talent managers during rapid change and competition, and illustrates how talent management is applied across varied contexts. The course also provides numerous organizational examples, practices and highlights.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify talent concepts, approaches and models.
- explain talent exploration strategies.
- evaluate talent management practices.
- Debate talent problems
- Examine talent issues in rapid environmental and competitive changes.
- Introduction to Talent Management
- Talent Acquisition: Attracting and Recruiting the Best and Brightest
- Assessment centers for Talent Acquisition
- Talent Development Through Competency Development
- Career and Succession Planning
- Managing Performance and Potential of Key Talent
- Mentoring for Managing Talent
- Attractive Compensation and Reward Management
- Contemporary Issues in Talent Management
Joshi, Gowri and Vohra, Veena. Talent Management. Cengage India Private Limited, 2017.
• DeLong, D. and Trautman, S. The Executive Guide to High-Impact Talent Management: Powerful Tools for Leveraging a Changing Workforce, 1st Edition, McGraw Hill, 2011.
• Bryan, L. and Joyce, J. Mobilizing Minds: Creating Wealth From Talent in the 21st Century Organization, 1st Edition, McGraw Hill, 2007.