إدارة الأعمال الناشئة
|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|BUS 633||Start-Up Management||3||None|
This course seeks to provide an understanding of how to transform start-up ideas into viable commercial businesses. Students will understand the importance of a good value proportion and the essential elements of having a sound revenue model. The course will involve studying various business models and business plans. Students will also create their own business plan during practicum.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the basic concepts of start-up management.
- Compare and contrast different product development strategies for solutions to business problems.
- Describe the essential elements of a unique business idea.
- Illustrate how to set up and manage start-up teams (employed or contracted) and a team culture.
- Analyze how to develop a marketing plan and the importance of building a brand.
- Access the importance of creating a marketing plan.
- Discuss a start-up idea and create a business plan.
- Compare and contrast the various funding avenues for startups like angel investors, crowdfunding, equity investment etc.
- Risk assessment: How to identify competition from within and outside the industry
- Identifying the various barriers to entry for start-ups
- The importance of developing a sound business model
- Determining the exit options in your plan
- Team building: How to build winning teams for start-ups
- The importance of developing the right culture in start-ups
- When to hire employees vs contractors vs crowdsourcing
- Setting product or service pricing for your business
- The challenges of developing a marketing plan for a start-up
- How to conduct a brand building exercise
- Raising capital for start-ups: Challenges and opportunities
- Finding angel investors
- The importance of flexibility and persistence in the journey of start-ups.
Deeb, G. and Red rocket venture (2013). 101 Start Up Lessons: An Entrepreneur’s handbook.
• Osterwalder, A and Y Pigneur (2020). Business Model Generation. Rio de Taneir, Alta Books.
• Blank, S. and Dorf, B. (2020). The startup owner's manual: The step-by-step guide for building a great company. California, John Wiley & Sons.