|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|MKT 623||Marketing Communication||3||None|
The course enables MBA students to know the key elements that are important in marketing communication. For marketers, communication is extremely important as it forms the foundation that could create product demand, brand images, positioning and so on. The emphasis in this course will be on the role of advertising as an important element in the marketing communication mix, and various promotion tools (direct marketing, sales promotion, publicity/public relations, and personal selling) in the marketing program. In addition, focus is also directed to important factors such as: an understanding of the overall marketing process, consumer behavior, environmental influences, communication channels, available media options and implementing effective promotional campaigns and programs.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss organization’s marketing communication mix for sending a consistent message to customers and markets.
- Describe the role of other marketing communications agencies.
- Critically analyze the various ways of measuring the effectiveness of an MC program.
- Analyze issues and demonstrate skillfulness in planning, executing and evaluating strategies and action plans.
- Examine the various ways of establishing the communication budget for a program.
- Compare and contrast different range of media and methods available to marketers.
- Discuss the various ways of measuring the effectiveness of an MC program.
- Illustrate the importance of communicating with people from a diverse range of backgrounds with empathy.
- Introduction to Marketing Communications
- Organizing for Advertising and Communication
- Influence on Consumer Behavior
- The Communication Process
- Budgeting for MC Programs
- Implementation and Evaluation of a Creative Strategy
- Media Planning & Strategy
- Evaluating Broadcast and Print Media
- Direct Marketing, Marketing on the Internet, and Sales Promotion
- Public Relations, Publicity, Corporate Advertising and Salesmanship
- Measuring the Effectiveness of a Marketing Communication Program
- Social, Ethical, and Economic Aspects of Advertising & Promotion
- International Marketing Communications
O’Guinn, T., Allen, C. and Semenik, R. (2019). Advertising and Integrated Brand Promotion. Mason, OH: Thomson-South-Western.
Wilson, J. A. J. (2018). Halal Branding. London: Claritas Books.