تحليل وتصميم نظم المعلومات
|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|MIS 622||Information Systems Analysis & Design||3||None|
This course aims to provide students with the basics of system analysis and design of information systems in business organizations.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify system requirements.
- Translate the requirements into an information system model.
- Use analysis tools and design information systems.
- Apply the business data management concepts, both theoretical and practical, using ERD Modeling.
- Create effective and optimized methods for building databases in business.
- Use the corresponding software systems and computer resources to build databases.
- Systems development environment and life cycle (Waterfall and Spiral)
- Activation of each SDLC (Phase) planning analysis phase and requirements.
- Developing and building information systems using CASE tools
- The mechanism of data flow diagrams
- Building the baseline project structuring system and process requirements
- Data flow diagramming mechanics and examples (Decision tables • Data dictionary UMl introduction)
- Traditional processing systems
- The database environment
- Database management system (DBMS)
- Data duplication and data program dependence
- Entity relationship diagram
- Transforming EER to relations
- Defining a database in SQL environment
- Processing and requests on single tables
- Natural, outer and union joins.
Hoffer, J. A., George, J. F. and Valacich, J. S. (2016). Modern Systems Analysis and Design. 8th Edition, Global Edition. USA.
• Hoffer, J. A., Venkataraman, R., and Topi, H. 2015. Modern Database Management, London: Pearson Education.
• Pratt, P. J. and Adamsky, J. J. (2014). Concepts of Database Management. 7th Edition. Boston, Massachusetts, Cengage Learning publisher.