الاستراتيجيات الأمنية لتقنية المعلومات
|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|MIS 623||IT Security and Strategy||3||None|
In this course students learn the basics of information security, in both management and technical aspect. Students understand various types of security incidents and attacks, and learn methods to prevent, detect and react to incidents and attacks. Students will also learn the basics of application of cryptography, which is one of the key technologies to implement security functions. In the last session, teams of students will present their study project on a topic related to information security.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of information security strategies.
- Explain various information security threats and control for them.
- Analyze a security incident and design countermeasures.
- Explain information security incident responses.
- Explain the usage of Common Key cryptography and Public Key cryptography.
- Explain the mechanism to protect confidentiality and completeness of data.
- Make a presentation related to information security strategies.
- Information Security Requirements
- Basics of Information Security and Human aspects
- Information Security for Server Systems
- Information Security for Client devices
- Information Security Risk Management and Related Exercise
- Security Risk management as an Organization
- Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Information Security Policy, Standards and Procedures
- Information Security Evaluation
- Security Incident Response
- Information Security and Cryptography
• Whitman, M. E. and Mattord, H. J.(2014) Principles of Information Security. KY, USA: Cengage Learning.
• Shimeall, T. and Spring, J. (2013). Introduction to Information Security: A Strategic-Based Approach. Waltham, MA: Syngress Publishing.
Paa, C. and Pelzl, J. (2009) Understanding Cryptography: A Textbook for Students and Practitioners. Springer. London ISBN: 3642041000.