نظم دعم القرار
|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|MIS 624||Decision Support Systems||3||None|
This course presents basic knowledge, competences and practical experience in computer-aided decision support systems, either model-, data- or knowledge-based decision support systems.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize basic components, types and methods of computer-based Decision Support Systems (DSS).
- Outline the differences between DSS and other computer support systems.
- Recognize appropriate context and applications of DSS tools and techniques.
- Locate and classify different computer-aided data management and modelling tools for DSS.
- Outline basic features and applications of two DSS model building languages.
- Use DSS tools and methods to different decision problems.
- Analyze and test the impact of using computer-based DSS.
- Establish DSS tools for application in specific situations.
- Evaluate decision problems and select appropriate analytical tools.
- Assess the productivity and efficiency of alternative DSS modelling languages.
- Decision Making, Systems, Modeling and Computer Support.
- Decision Support Systems (DSS) - An Overview
- Application, experience and Impact of DSS
- Data-centered Decision Support Systems
- Data preprocessing and Extraction
- Data Analysis and Visualization
- Model-centered Decision Support Systems
- Optimization Models
- Predictive Models
- Descriptive Models
- Computational Models
- Developing DSS using visual Decision Support Language (VDSS) and General Algebraic Modeling System (GAMS)
Turban, E., Aronson J. and Liang, T-P. (2005). Decision Support Systems and Intelligent Systems. 7th Edition. Prentice Hall.
Turban, E., Sharda, R. and Delen, D. (2014). Business Intelligence and Analytics: Systems for Decision Support, Global Edition. 10th Edition. Pearson Education Limited. UK