الإحصاء والتحليل الكمي في الأعمال
|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|QUN 601||Business Statistics and Quantitative Analysis||3||None|
This course helps students to learn the techniques of quantitative analysis, decision-making, business modelling, numerical analysis, business statistics and so on. This course starts with a broad range of quantitative tools that are widely used in other courses. The techniques of data collection and description are used to solve different types of problems, including measuring performance, finance, regression, forecasting and linear programming. Statistical methods focusing on probabilities, probability distributions, sampling and statistical inference are applied to problems involving uncertainty, including decision analysis, quality, inventory and project management, queues and simulation.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of acquiring a solid knowledge base of quantitative methods.
- Identify problems and choose the optimal solution.
- Apply various statistical techniques of probability on business problems.
- Compare and contrast a range of methods for presenting data.
- Propose solutions to different business problems and present alternative solutions using various statistical tools.
- Critically analyze data and make meaningful interpretations.
- Calculations and equations
- Drawing graphs
- Collecting data
- Diagrams for presenting data
- Using numbers to describe data
- Finance and performance
- Regression, curve fitting and forecasting
- Linear programming
- Uncertainty and probabilities
- Probability distributions
- Using samples
- Testing hypotheses
- Making decisions
Waters, D. (2011). Quantitative Methods for Business. 5th Edition. Harlow, Essex, Pearson.
Buglear, J. (2012). Quantitative Methods for Business and Management. Nottingham, Pearson publications.