الأسواق والمؤسسات المالية
|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|FIN 625||Financial Markets & Institutions||3||None|
This course is devoted to providing students with a solid theoretical background about intermediate non-banking financial institutions and markets. Real-life case studies will be discussed, and published literature will support the suggested textbook.
The course provides students with an introduction to financial markets and institutions in the region and globally, which includes investment banks, stockbrokers, pooled investment funds, and stock exchanges, in addition to pension funds, saving and loan associations, mutual savings banks and credit unions, as well as instruments and participants involved in the industry.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the role of regulatory bodies in regulating financial institutions and markets.
- Describe the types of securities that companies can use to raise equity capital and how these securities are listed and traded on the Stock Exchange.
- Develop abilities, skills, and approaches in thinking required in the decision-making process in financial institutions (analysis, composition, deduction, induction, application, assessment, and criticizing).
- Discuss financial markets and institutions in the region and globally.
- Discuss how monetary policy and interest rates applies to a range of financial institutions.
- Recognize a range of lending institutions and their application.
- Introduction & Overview of Financial Markets
- Interest Rates and Security Valuation
- Securities Markets
- Monetary Policy and Interest Rates.
- Bond Markets, Mortgage Markets, Stock Markets.
- Foreign Exchange Markets, Derivative Securities Markets.
- Commercial Banks
- Regulation of Commercial Banks
- Other Lending Institutions: Savings Institutions, Credit Unions, and Finance Companies
- Securities Firms and Investment Banks
- Insurance Companies
Saunder, A. and Millon Cornet, M. (2019). Financial Markets and Institutions. 7th Edition. Singapore, McGraw-Hill Education.
Burton, M., Nesiba, R. F. and Brown, B. (2015). An introduction to financial markets and institutions. New York, Routledge.