|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|FIN 622||International Finance||3||None|
The course provides students with a thorough understanding of Financial Management in an international setting, with an emphasis both on micro and macros aspects of financial management. This is achieved through comprehensive coverage of topics including current multinational financial challenges, ownership and governance of the corporation, the international monetary system, the balance of payments, the recent international financial and sovereign debt crises, the foreign exchange market, international parity conditions, currency derivatives, exchange rate determination and forecasting, foreign exchange risk exposures and management, the global cost of capital, international debt and equity financing,international working capital management and capital budgeting, international portfolio theory and foreign direct investment.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of both the macro and micro aspects of international financial management
- Apply tools of international financial management to solve and manage issues facing the corporation and an open economy.
- Demonstrate analytical and computational skills necessary to face the challenges in the world of international financial management
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in evaluating finance cases and interpreting the findings of empirical studies conducted in the areas of international finance.
- Current multinational financial challenges
- The international monetary system
- The balance of payments and international economic linkages
- Spot and forward foreign exchange markets
- Currency futures and options markets
- Currency and interest rate swaps
- International parity conditions
- Exchange rate determination and forecasting
- Foreign exchange risk management
- The global cost of capital and international capital budgeting
- International financial
- International portfolio management and foreign direct investment
Eiteman, D. K., Stonehill, A. I and Moffett, M. H. (2019), Multinational Business Finance, 15th Edition, Pearson.
Moosa, I. A. (2010), International Finance: An Analytical Approach, 3rd Edition, McGraw Hill, 2010.
Shapiro, A. C. (2019), Multinational Financial Management, 11th Edition, John & Wiley Sons.
Moosa and Bhatti (2010), The Theory and Empirics of Exchange Rates, World Scientific Publishing Company.
Moosa and Bhatti (1997), International Parity Conditions: Theory, Econometric Testing and Empirical Evidence, MacMillan.