|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|FIN 642||Corporate governance||3||None|
This course covers several aspects of corporate governance.It provides students with a comprehensive understanding of theoretical frameworks of corporate governance with an emphasis on the different practices of corporate governance in global markets. This is achieved through acomprehensive coverage of topics includingadvanced theories of corporate governance and its implications such as agency theory,stakeholder theory, stewardship theory, resources dependency theory, systems theory; the regulatory frameworks of corporate governance andthe role of governance rating firms; functions of the boards and related Issues on the board’s agenda; corporate transparency and the importance of reporting and disclosure; and governance mechanisms of listed and non-listed companies.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Interpret corporate governance concepts and theories.
- Explain the regulatory frameworks of corporate governance and practices.
- Discuss the differences of corporate governance in global markets.
- Emphasis the importance of disclosure and transparency in company management performance.
- Compare the governance of listed and non-listed companies.
- Demonstrate cases and issues related to corporate governance approaching.
- Recognize the ethical agency dilemma, and demonstrate analytical skills to solve the governance issues.
- Evaluate and report the impact of social and cultural differences on corporate governance mechanisms.
- Corporate governance principles.
- Theories of corporate governance.
- The regulatory frameworks of corporate governance.
- Corporate governance in a global economy.
- Practices of corporate governance.
- Issues on the board’s agenda.
- Corporate transparency, reporting and disclosure.
- Governance of listed and non-listed companies.
Tricker, B. (2019). Corporate Governance: Principles, Policies and Practices. 4th Edition, Oxford University Press.
Nordberg, D. (2011). Corporate Governance: Principles and Issues. SAGE Publications Ltd.
Mallin, C. (2019). Corporate Governance. 6th Edition, Oxford University Press.
Clarke, T. (2017). International Corporate Governance: A Comparative Approach. 2nd Edition, Taylor and Frances.
Monks, R. &Minow, N. (2011). Corporate Governance. 5th Edition, John Wiley& Sons Inc.