|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|MKT 622||Digital Marketing||3||None|
This course introduces the convergence taking place in marketing concepts, shifting from traditional to digital practice. The course integrates digital strategy into wider marketing and wider organization strategy starting with planning for digital marketing. It also includes building and optimizing a winning paid search strategy, effective design ecommerce and user experience – managing loyalty CRM and data, measuring success through data analytics and reporting. The course also includes cases for problem solving.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- List the factors that help in designing a digital marketing strategy.
- Assess the social media landscape and align your strategy with the customer journey.
- Compare and contrast success in different digital marketing through data analytics and reporting.
- Discuss the importance of search engine optimization in making alterations to your website.
- Describe the importance of well written content in various digital marketing platforms.
- Access the importance of critical thinking skills in developing various digital marketing campaigns.
- Evaluate the importance of commitment to ethics, autonomy and professionalism in the digital marketing campaigns.
- Introduction to digital marketing
- Understanding the digital ecosystem - Integrating digital into the wider organization strategy
- Understanding the evolving digital consumer market
- Barrier consideration and data protection in digital economy
- Enabling technologies for online marketing and digital transformation
- Digital marketing strategy - objective, team and budgeting
- SEO strategy and organic technique
- Tailoring social media strategy and lead generation to deliver results
- Personalizing the customer journey and digital experience
- Effective design of ecommerce and user experience
- Managing loyalty CRM and databases
- Measuring success through data analytics and reporting
Kingsnorth, S. (2019). Digital marketing strategy: an integrated approach to online marketing. Kogan Page Publishers, London.
Chaffey, D. and Smith, P. (2017), Digital Marketing Excellence, Routledge, OX.