تخطيط موارد المنشأة
|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|MIS 621||Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)||3||None|
This course introduces ERP functionalities and capabilities, contrasted with unintegrated information systems. It defines business functional areas, processes, ERP development history, and enabling technologies. In addition, it discusses the pros and cons of implementing an ERP system and the benefits of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, Supply Chain Management systems, and accounting and management reporting as useful extensions of ERP software.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Knowledge: Relate contemporary practices of ERP to relevant concepts and theories.
- Comprehension: Identify ERP strategic, tactical, and operational influences on businesses.
- Application: Demonstrate ability to apply ERPfunctions within real-world organisations.
- Analysis: Analyse use of ERP tools in contemporary businesses.
- Synthesis: Devise and propose alternative solutions to business problems using ERP.
- Evaluation: Critically evaluate, synthesize and develop strategies based on adoption of ERP systems.
- Introduction to Enterprise systems for Management
- Systems Integration
- Enterprise Systems Architecture
- Development Life Cycle
- Organizational Change and Business Process Reengineering
- Supply Chain Management
Law, C. H. C. (2019). Managing Enterprise Resource Planning Adoption and Business Processes: A Holistic Approach. Newcastle-U-Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- ❖ Shaikh, M., & Shen, L. (2020). Critical Success Factors in Enterprise Resource Planning Implementation. In Business Management and Communication Perspectives in Industry 4.0 (pp. 188-208). IGI Global.
- ❖ Wanchai, P. (2019). An Integrated Approach to Performance Evaluation of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System Implementation. Journal of Electronic Commerce in Organizations (JECO), 17(3), 1-15.
- ❖ Chang, Y. W., Hsu, P. Y., Shiau, W. L., & Hsu, M. C. (2019). An Empirical Study on Factors Affecting Switching Intention to Cloud Enterprise Resource Planning: A Comparison Between Public and Private Clouds. Journal of Global Information Management (JGIM), 27(4), 46-69.
- ❖ Clegg, B., & Wan, Y. (2019). Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems and Multi-Organizational Enterprise (MOE) Strategy. In Business Transformations in the Era of Digitalization (pp. 52-75). IGI Global.
- ❖ Elbardan H, Kholeif A (2017) Enterprise resource planning, corporate governance and internal auditing. Palgrave Macmillan, Cham.
- ❖ Chugh, R., Sharma, S. C., & Cabrera, A. (2017). Lessons learned from enterprise resource planning (ERP) implementations in an Australian company. International Journal of Enterprise Information Systems (IJEIS), 13(3), 23-35.
- ❖ O'Sullivan J and Caiola G (2016). Enterprise resource planning concepts: Understanding the power of ERP for today's businesses. DMMSI Associates Inc., New York, USA.