دراسات متخصصة في نظم المعلومات الإدارية
|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|MIS 627||Special Studies in MIS||3||None|
The course is designed to give students a focused study of selected current topics in management information systems. Topics of interest are data mining and knowledge extraction; big data management and processing; cloud computing and Internet of Things (IoT); and E-services.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Knowledge: Relate MIS contemporary issues to relevant theories.
- Comprehension: Explain the importance and need for data management and cloud computing.
- Application: Demonstrate the significance of data management and cloud computing in facilitating business functions.
- Analysis: Debate contemporary issues of data management, cloud computing and e-services.
- Synthesis: Manage potential risks and threats caused by digital technologies to businesses.
- Evaluation: Evaluate the various factors that may impact contemporary use of big data and cloud computing.
- Data mining and knowledge extraction
- Big data processing and management
- Legal& Ethical Issues
- Cloud computing and Internet of things
- Data & business strategies
• Peng, S. L., Pal, S., & Huang, L. (2020). Principles of Internet of Things (IoT) Ecosystem: Insight Paradigm. Cham, Switzerland, Springer.
• Nayyar, A. (2019). Handbook of Cloud Computing: Basic to Advance research on the concepts and design of Cloud Computing. New Delhi, BPB Publications.
• T. Jo, Text Mining (2018). Concepts, Implementation, Big Data Challenge (Studies in Big Data). Cham, Switzerland: Springer.
- ❖ Ergu, Y. A. (2020). Data Mining and Ware Housing.
- ❖ Hariri, R. H., Fredericks, E. M., & Bowers, K. M. (2019). Uncertainty in big data analytics: survey, opportunities, and challenges. Journal of Big Data, 6(1), 44.
- ❖ Dang, L. M., Piran, M., Han, D., Min, K., & Moon, H. (2019). A survey on internet of things and cloud computing for healthcare. Electronics, 8(7), 768.
- ❖ Shuaib, M., Samad, A., Alam, S., & Siddiqui, S. T. (2019). Why adopting cloud is still a challenge?—A review on issues and challenges for cloud migration in organizations. In Ambient Communications and Computer Systems (pp. 387-399). Springer, Singapore.
- ❖ Prasdika, P., & Sugiantoro, B. (2018). A Review Paper on Big Data and Data Mining Concepts and Techniques. IJID (International Journal on Informatics for Development), 7(1), 36-38.
- ❖ Yang, H. (2018). Data Pre-processing.
- ❖ Khan, M., Wu, X., Xu, X., & Dou, W. (2017, May). Big data challenges and opportunities in the hype of Industry 4.0. In 2017 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- ❖ Sivarajah, U., Kamal, M. M., Irani, Z., & Weerakkody, V. (2017). Critical analysis of Big Data challenges and analytical methods. Journal of Business Research, 70, 263-286.
- ❖ Jayamalini, K., & Ponnavaikko, M. (2017, February). Research on web data mining concepts, techniques and applications. In 2017 International Conference on Algorithms, Methodology, Models and Applications in Emerging Technologies (ICAMMAET) (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- ❖ Adams, J., & Albakajai, M. (2016). Cyberspace: A New Threat to the Sovereignty of the State. Management Studies, 4(6).
- ❖ Adams, J., & Albakjaji, M. (2016). Cyberspace: A Vouch for Alternative Legal Mechanisms. Journal of Business and Cyber Security, 1(1), 10-18.
- ❖ Tsagourias, N. (2015). The legal status of cyberspace. In Research Handbook on International Law and Cyberspace. Edward Elgar Publishing.