الاتصالات الفعالة وإدارة النزاعات
|#||Course Name||Credit Hrs||Prerequisite|
|HRM 624||Effective Communication and Conflict Management||3||None|
This course provides the practitioner with the knowledge, skills, and behaviors a contemporary manager needs to communicate with other individuals and parties to negotiate and solve emerging conflicts. This includes diagnosing the root causes of the conflict, powerful negotiation practices, determining alternative dispute resolution, and choosing the best alternative to resolve the conflict on a continuum basis.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate their knowledge in addressing communication concepts, approaches and models.
- Demonstrate their knowledge in addressing conflict concepts, approaches and models.
- Compare effective communication strategies.
- Compare effective conflict resolution strategies.
- Select effective communication and conflict resolution practices.
- Analyze an effective decision-making process.
- Evaluate workforce diversity, inclusion and intercultural differences, and its role in communication.
- Introduction to communication and conflict management
- The skills and behaviors of great conflict managers
- Theory to practice: the root causes and cures of conflict
- The power of negotiation: essential concepts and skills
- The alternative dispute resolution process continuum
- Embracing diversity, inclusion, and intercultural communication skills
- Reducing employee conflict
- Creating collaborative teams and organizations
- Organizational dispute system design
- Principles and systems for superior customer service
- Public policy decision making and collaboration
- Facilitating meetings and large group decision-making process
Raines, Susan S. Conflict Management for Managers. Rowman& Littlefield Publishers, 2019.
Wilmot, William and Hocker, Joyce (2018). Interpersonal Conflict, 10th Edition, McGraw Hill.